The Individual Investor Program (IIP) is for non EU citizens, to gain EU and Maltese Citizenship. As a successful candidate you will be granted citizenship of Malta, including EU citizenship. Which you can also extend to include your family.
Malta Citizenship Benefits
- Become an EU Citizen You’ll have the right to live, study, work in any of the 28 EU countries, plus Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein & Switzerland.
- Visa Free Travel to 168 countries including UK, US, Canada & the right to stay in one place for up to 90 days in the Schengen Area.
- High Level of Education Access to high level / top-tier British Education & renowned English Language Schools
- High Quality Health Care Access to highly reputed health care ranked 5th globally
- Real Estate Ease of investment in sound real estate market opportunities
- Procedure 1 year
Malta Citizenship Application Process
|Be at least 18 years of age|
|Make an investment, in government bonds and buy/rent a property (see required investments below)|
|Pass the due diligence process to ensure you’re a reputable applicant to be granted Maltese citizenship|
The application Procedure
- Check Eligibility and Prepare Documents: We’ll ensure you’re eligible to apply for the citizenship scheme, prepare and collect all required documents.
- Apply for Residency Card: We’ll submit a residence card application, to set the clock ticking for the required 12 month residency. Your presence is required as biometrics will need to be captured.
- Submission of Application: We’ll submit the application along with the required payments to the Malta Individual Investor Programme Agency (MIIPA).
- Approval letter: MIIPA checks to ensure all documentation is in and issues an approval letter, once your due diligence process is satisfied.
- Settlement of Contribution: A formal request is issued whereby you are required to settle the contribution within 20 working days.
- Proof of Investment: We’ll support you in providing evidence of your property investment, together with your health insurance and other requirements.
- Oath of Allegiance: After your obligations are fulfilled, along with your family members, will be invited to take an Oath of Allegiance in Malta.
- Certificate of Naturalisation and Maltese Passport Application: The Certificate of Naturalisation and Maltese Passport Application are issued by the Government.
You need to make a non-refundable contribution to the National Development and Social Fund. The following contributions are mandatory within four months of being issued a Malta IIP Letter of Approval in Principle
|Children 18 – 26 (unmarried)||50,000|
|Dependent parents and grandparents||50,000|
|Adult children (physically or mentally challenged)||50,000|
You must commit to retaining a property in Malta for a minimum of five years. You have two options. Either buying a property for at least €350,000, which you can sell after five years. Or by renting a property for five years or more with a minimum annual rent of €16,000.
Before getting Maltese citizenship by investment, you need to invest at least €150,000 in government approved financial instruments (bonds, stocks, and debentures that benefit the nation). And must commit to keeping the investment for at least five years.
Upon purchasing real estate or entering a property lease in Malta, you get a Malta identity document, an eResidence card. This signifies the commencement of your residency in Malta. After twelve months that you have established residency in Malta, you’ll get citizenship.
Not only will we assist you in the necessary procedures, we can also help you:
- Find the right property, for you to buy or rent.
- Deal with local insurance companies, for the necessary health and house insurance
- Accompany you to the respective offices to submit necessary applications
- Introduce you to a local bank and help you open an account
Do you have more questions about Malta Citizenship?
Contact us today and request a personalized price list tailored to your individual needs! We speak your language – our office speaks Maltese, English, Italian, French & German. We have over 15 years of experience in international taxation and relocation services. Only a registered agent can submit an application under the IIP. We are licensed as an accredited agent for the VISA & Citizenship Programs and may assist you with your application and with any immigration, tax and legal requirements.