Enterprise Minister Miriam Dalli launched three new incentives worth €12.1 million to support businesses as part of the post-COVID-19 economic stimulus plan. The schemes, supported by Malta Enterprise, include a One-time grant of €1,000 for those businesses that:
- remained closed after 10th May 2021 as per Legal Notices issued by the Health Authority and
- are in receipt of the Wage Supplement.
Eligible applicants will get an email containing a link to a simple application. Malta Enterprise will simply process the grant in due course and clients will receive funds directly in their bank account.
The other two schemes will provide assistance to businesses that had to close their operations in March. These businesses will be helped with their rent and electricity bills.
Top-up of Rent Support Scheme
- They will extend the “Rent Scheme” by a further 50% over and above the rent assistance for 2020
- Applicable to those undertakings closed in March 2021
- New applications for those approved under the Wage Supplement Scheme in 2021 are eligible for the Rent Refund as per below capping’s:
Top-up of Electricity Support Scheme
- They will re-issue the “Electricity Support Scheme”, covering June, July and August 2021
- Scheme will be open to businesses closed in March 2021
- The subsidy will cover 50% of the total electricity bill
- Applicants who only benefitted from the Wage Supplement in March and April 2021 will need to submit a full application
Eligible applicants will get an email directing them to the applications. Applicants who have benefitted from the Electricity Refund last year, will experience a simpler application process. Those having an ARMS account, do not need to re-upload copies of their paid bills.
You can probably benefit from these new incentives. If you experience any issues, get in touch and we will help you with your application!