The United Nations Pension Program is for individuals who are in receipt of a UN pension or a Widow’s/Widower’s Benefit. They must receive at least 40% of such pension in Malta.
- acquiring a property for not less than €275,000 or renting property for not less than €9,600 per annum.
- If the property is in the South of Malta, the purchase value should not be less than €220,000. The rental value should not be less than €8,750 per year.
- If the property is in Gozo, the purchase value should not be less than €250,000. The rental value should not be less than €8,750 per year.
Under United Nations Pensions Program, the individual will be subject to tax in Malta at the rate of:
- 0% on the UN pension income or Widow’s/Widower’s Benefit received in Malta
- 15% on income arising outside Malta but received in Malta (excluding the Un pension).
- 35% on any other income arising in Malta
Only an Authorised Registered Mandatory can submit an application under the United Nations Pension Program. We have been granted authorization by the International Tax Unit to act as an Authorised Registered Mandatory and may assist you with your application and with any immigration, tax and legal requirements.